On October 22, 2014, Project SOIL held a webinar to share how project partners at health care, social service and educational institutions went about getting gardens off the ground at their institutions, as well as some of the lessons we learned in the first year of working with pilot projects across the province.
Webinar participants included:
- Phil Mount, Project lead
- Tami Proctor, Registered Horticultural Therapist leading the Victorian Garden project at Homewood Health Centre;
- Chef Christopher Jess, high school culinary arts instructor in Fergus Ontario, and the guiding force behind the Food School Farm(Centre Wellington District High School);
- Doug Dowhos, Supervisor of Employment Options for St. Joseph’s Care Group and creator of the GreenWerks Garden social enterprise (Lakehead Psychiatric Hospital);
- Louise Quenneville, Emergency Preparedness Coordinator and Project Manager at Hôpital Glengarry Memorial Hospital; and
- Jenny Weickert, Our Farm coordinator at KW Habilitation.
- Elena Christy, Project SOIL Research Assistant with KW Hab
- Fanis Juma Radstake, Young City Growers Program Manager
You can access the full pdf [7.2 mB] of webinar slides here: